The Proof of Concept Call started in May 2019 and turned out to be a very inviting initiative for research centers and companies of the Adriatic-Ionian region:
- under the Call for Ideas, 100 technologies/research results were submitted by research centers/universities in July;
- under the Call for Projects, 65 R2B joint innovation projects were applied by research centers/universities together with companies in October;)
- following the evaluation phase, top 10 R2B innovation projects are now ready to be co-funded with an OISAIR innovation voucher worth 18.500€ each!
In detail, with reference to the 10 awarded projects:
- 6 selected projects refer to the Agro Bioeconomy thematic area:
• In Silico Design of Peptide-Based Biosensors
• Smart canopy monitoring system for reduction of plant protection agents use
• Development of new generation of biological control agents and biofertilizers for sustainable agriculture
• Improving the food safety and shelf life by high pressure CO2
• Device for the On-Line Evaluation of Shelf Life, Authenticity and Quality of Seafood Products
• Supercritical fluids extraction and fractionation of bioactive compounds from winemaking by-products
- 3 selected projects refer to the Energy and Environment thematic area:
• Novel under-frequency relay setting for securing the operation of electrical grids
• Increasing the energy efficiency of injection molding process
• Hybrid energy storage devices in off-grid PV energy systems
-1 selected project awarded refers to Transport and Mobility thematic area:
• Heater-in-converter (HIC): bringing heating capability to power converters without density penalties
- 5 awarded projects were applied by a transnational partnership, thus confirming the international scope of the initiative and the implementation of a concrete open innovation approach.
The 10 beneficiaries are: SISSA, University of Maribor, University of Belgrade, University of Padua, University of Udine, TECOS -Razvojni center orodjarstva Slovenije, University of Parma, University of Ljubljana.
The final ranking is available on the INNOVAIR platform: https://www.oisair.net/uploads/news-attachs/ZJgr-8H_K6t3Aw8JTRWZ5IGS8MPop2aI.pdf
The 10 winners will be awardee with the 18.500 € voucher and must conclude their researches on the 15th May 2019.
Thank you all for participating in the OISAIR Proof of Concept Call!